The Bentley University User Experience Center (www.bentley.edu/uxc) seeks a full-time Usability Consultant. The UXC is a world-class, state-of-the-art facility providing user research, design, and UX strategy for clients around the world. The UXC also supports Bentley's graduate program in Human Factors in Information Design and related research efforts in the field of human computer interaction.
As a Usability Consultant, the successful applicant will work on a wide variety of products in various industries, ranging from ecommerce websites and web-based business applications to consumer products and mobile applications. A successful applicant will have experience with a range of user-centered design techniques such as: field research, focus groups, usability testing, eye tracking, card sorting, expert reviews, wire framing, accessibility evaluations, and surveys.
The Usability Consultant will report to the Executive Director. Qualifications include:
* An advanced degree in cognitive psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field
* 1 - 5 years of experience using a wide variety of user-centered design techniques, including those listed above
* Project management experience
* Strong written and oral communication skills and experience presenting to clients and/or business partners
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact successfully with end users, clients, and the general public
* Consulting experience is desirable
* Quantitative skills are desirable
* Willingness to train and mentor graduate students
* Willingness to travel on occasion
Salary is commensurate with experience and industry standards. Please visit https://jobs.bentley.edu to apply online. Candidates will be considered until the position is filled. Bentley University is an equal opportunity employer building strength through diversity. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.